Click for larger image.
1. I just read a great book.
2. The topic came up in a forum I am in.
3. I had the digital liquid ink pen in my hand & I could not help it.
4. It just occurred to me it would be fun to try an Elvis tag.
5. I am a fan!
6. Elvis looks like David, the classic artist subject.
How would it look printed on pure pink velvet?
The book of course is Tarzan Presley, by Nigel Cox, a great book with a few legal constrains around it, out of print & selling now for hundreds of $ – I have one & just finished it. The Elvis backstory is just right, he grew up with the apes in New Zealand!
Available in a limited edition of 25 prints, pigment ink on archival paper.
See prints from the Thousand Sketches exclusive to the Allen Gallery.